WELCOME

You can post comments, recommendations, or suggestions for further development of this blog.

Thank you for helping in advance.

Older Post

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Most People Hate it... But I Personally Don't. (Guilty Crown)

The show aired last October 14, 2011 and ran up to 22 episodes, so we can consider it a 2-cour series.
On its premier, many where amused and set a very high expectation on the series. As the series goes on, some already doubted its potential on the latter part; Others had a hard time enjoying the show for its major flaws. Some say that Guilty Crown had too many plot holes, and it even took up to episode 20 the revelation about the "Lost Christmas" Event.

And as for my opinion, I did appreciate the series as a whole; I didn't gave up half-way. I was still expecting something in the series even with the remaining few episodes that time. So overall, Guilty Crown isn't that despisable for me. It had sufficient ending and the production did a great job pulling it out.
According to my observation, The most hated aspect of the series was the Character Disposition.
The development and transformation of each character in the series was rather termed as rough and inconsistent.  
So here are the following:



Of course the first one would be Shu...
Every weekly episode that time, Shu takes more complaints than praises. We all know that.
He was even compared to "Shinji Ikari" of Evangelion by some.
Being a coward, weak, and indecisive king was imprinted in the minds of majority when remembering this character. He developed on the last few episodes and too late to realize his goal to protect Inori. 

Daryl also got many complaints, he got the nickname "The Butcher" for massacring  lots of innocent people.
He was also psychotic due to severe family problem, and surprisingly linked with Tsugumi in the middle of the series. He was alive the entire series and some say that "he deserves to die better than Hare".

Hare, one of the most likable character in the series, she was the childhood friend-type of the series that was in-love with Shu. Unfortunately for her, Like I said; Hare died in the series while healing Shu.  
*sob *sob... I didn't even sensed her death flag that time, it was a surprise for me.

Arisa's character build-up being destroyed. She was a fine character not until being threatened and enveloped with fear because of a certain incident connected with Inori. She was also desperate to see Gai that time and got the idea to trade information with her body. I felt bad for her...


Gai's resurrection, I didn't think that it would be necessary for Gai to be resurrected that time.
I guess it was for fan girls...

Souta, he is the reason for Hare's death and Shu's transformation from a kind king to a tyrant.
He had the guts to blame and get angry at Shu when he was major reason of the incident that flipped out Shu's personality.


It's not that I despise this show, actually I'm a fan of the series, I just pin-pointed some intriguing parts of it. How ironic right?

I will miss Ayase, Tsugumi, and especially Inori.

No comments:

Post a Comment